Monday, January 24, 2011

Warning.

01 WARNING: My blog is about to become raw and uncensored. It will still be fairly cryptic, like always. but I have nothing else to loose.


I couldn't stop myself from dreaming of you last night. I woke up near tears a couple of times. I got up once around 6:30, used the bathroom and returned to bed for a couple more hours of sleep... I curled onto my left side, and then the tears came. It hit me hard that I wouldn't have your arms around me, like that, again. We fit together so perfectly. My heart aches. It would be easier to tell you this if I hadn't made the mistake that I did. I want you back. I want to feel your arms around me again as we lay and talk about whatever crosses our minds. I wrote a poem last night... Not what I expected my first poem in relation to you to be about.

Here it is:

Game of Hearts.

The rapid beat of my heart
and the tears down my face
do nothing to calm my pain

this, just as apologies does nothing
but leaves the past the same

The words I used to face you
to announce to you my shame
keep ringing in my head
reciting over themselves again and again.

This leads me to believe that I
along the way have forgotten this game

Betrayal is a word that in truth
should never be acted upon
but who am I to tell you this
when your heart for me, is already gone

your eyes, your heart
will never look at me again the same
all would be fine
if I could just figure out this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?